Monday, February 1, 2010

biology class=death on a stick

So I know these five hour lectures have to be done so we can spend Thursdays on awesome field trips, but this is quite possibly the most boring class EVER. I am sitting here listening to the teacher talk about oyanthus pyriformis and beetle pollination. She's currently studying beetle pollination, so she's pretty passionate about it. How someone can be passionate about a topic like this is something I will never understand. I feel kinda bad just because everyone in the class has their eyes glued to their computer. Today actually contained a hint of excitement when we got to watch Planet Earth before tea. That excitement was short-lived...especially when we came back from tea and the stupid monkeys had attacked the bowls of mints!! Oh, the mints. So basically some magical mint Santa Clause comes in the night and fills little candy dishes with these "Mint Imperials" in all our classrooms. They are seriously my one vice that gets me through every class. And now I have none. Because of the monkeys.

There's too many monkeys too keep track of. The one monkey I can always recognize, however, is Blueballs. He is the alpha monkey. And yep, you guessed it. He has blue balls. It's not just like blue, but it's like BLUE. Like God took a flourescent highlighter and colored them in. Every time one of us sees him run by, at least one person will shout out BLUEBALLS! It's not inappropriate. It's nature. I should know. I'm in biology. I have to write a journal for this class. Do you think this blog entry counts?

Ok, so I've officially dubbed Cynthia Johnston as my movie quoting partner. The other day we sat next to each other on the bus, and discovered our mutual love for quoting Selena. I am currently iming her back and forth with quotes from Mean Girls. Yea. I'm learning alot. Rodent pollination is the topic in class now. Rodents digest pollination. Who knew!?

Oh score! Class is over. Success.

1 comment:

  1. I read this while sitting at the DMV. I laughed out loud and got some looks. A blue balled monkey. You learn something new everyday.

    ReplyDelete